360 North First Street
San Jose, CA 95113
(408) 299-3567 (Recorded Information)
The Law Library has a parking lot with 30 slots, free for library patron use while visiting the law library. The patron lot is located directly behind the library building. Entry to the parking lot is located on Bassett Street, on the right-hand side, right before you reach N. Second Street. Parking space is available on a first come, first serve basis. Visitors who park in the library patron parking lot are required to register their vehicles in the library foyer. Visitors who park in the staff parking lot, who do not sign their car onto the vehicle signin sheet, or who sign their car in but then leave the library, will be towed at the owner's expense.
If the parking lot is full, there is metered parking in the surrounding areas, or a pay lot on Market Street near Santa Clara Street.
The Law Library is one and a half blocks north of the VTA St. James station for the light rail and Express 180/181 bus.
The Law Library is also served by VTA bus routes 65, 66, 72, 73, and 82. Please contact the VTA at (408)321-2300 for further routes and schedule information.
Hours of Operation:
|Monday-Thursday||8:00 am to 7:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am to 5:00 pm|
- The Circulation desk, computer terminals, and Wi-Fi are shutdown 15 minutes before
- The copy room closes 10 minutes before closing.
- We lock the entrance doors 5 minutes before closing time.
- New borrower registrations can only be processed up to 30 minutes before closing.
- Please plan your visits accordingly.
Holidays & Closures
We are closed on all court holidays, except Lincoln's Birthday. The library may also adjust hours for special events or furlough periods.