Curbside Pick-up for Checking out Library Books
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10am-4pm.
The Santa Clara County Law Library is now offering borrowing services despite the COVID-19 closures. This service is available to existing borrowers. New borrower accounts cannot be processed at this time. Services and hours of operation are subject to change, so please check the instructions below frequently. Borrowing Rules remain in effect.
Please keep in mind:
- If your library account is not in good standing, you will need to bring it to good standing before items can be requested for checkout. If your account has been suspended, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange payment of outstanding bills.
- Based upon demand and available staffing, the number of items may be limited.
- Returned books will be received at the book drop in the staff parking lot and placed on hold for 72 hours for sanitization, and therefore will not be available for checkout immediately.
- Book returns and/or payments will not be accepted at the front door.
- Due to limited staffing, loose-leaf filing may not be fully up to date.
- Library staff will wash or sanitize their hands before handling all library materials. Please do not use disinfectant wipes on books as it can damage materials.
- We will work as quickly as possible and your patience is much appreciated.
To Arrange for Curbside Pick-up
Contact the library with your borrowing request(s). Email email@example.com or call 408-299-3568. Our catalog can be searched online here: https://sccll.on.worldcat.org/discovery
Receive confirmation that we are able to fill your request at the requested appointment time. Currently, curbside pickup is only available Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10am-4pm. Please let us know what time you will be coming to pick-up, and arrive on time.
Please do not visit the library until you have received notification that the requested books are ready for pickup.
Items not picked up will be checked in and returned to the shelves. You will need to submit a new request if you want to check them out at a later date.
At your confirmed appointment time, pull your car into the staff parking lot on the south side of the building. If you do not have a vehicle, you will still need to wait by the side door in the staff parking lot. Call the front desk at 408-299-3568 to alert staff that you have arrived.
The staff can either load the books into the back of your vehicle (please open the trunk/back door of your vehicle), or you may take them directly off the cart, once staff has moved 6 feet away.
Please wear a mask and remain a social distance of at least 6 feet at all times.
Renewals and Returns: Regular borrowing rules apply. Books must be returned to the library using the book drop located in the staff parking lot. We will not accept book returns at the front door. You may access your account and renew online at https://sccll.on.worldcat.org/discovery. Otherwise, please call 408-299-3568 or email firstname.lastname@example.org