Parking Lot Access of Legal Databases During COVID-19 Closures.
Note: this page works best with Chrome.
Patrons may now access the library databases from their own laptops or mobile devices while parked in the library's patron parking lot. Please be sure you are parked in the Patron Parking Lot at the back of the library. Parking in the staff lot is prohibited, and we have also aimed the wi-fi booster to the back patron lot for the best signal reception. NOTE: Signal reception is strongest when parked in the center of the patron lot, facing the library building.
Our regular contract limits apply. Database availability is not guaranteed for parking lot access. We have 2 seats each for Lexis and Westlaw. If you receive a message that the number of seats are full, you will have to wait for a seat to free up in order to use the database (there will be no guaranteed wait time or wait list), or you may select another database. Please be considerate of your time usage and your fellow patrons, and do not monopolize databases for extended periods of time. We are currently running on the honor system, but repeated abuse may result in the removal of certain databases from parking lot access.
Connect to the Law Library's Wi-Fi: SCCLL-Parking Lot (there is no password)
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer technical support for patron devices. You must be in the parking lot and connected to the library's wi-fi for the links below to work. If you've been using a VPN, please be sure it is turned off.
- CEB OnLaw: The fulltext of CEB practice and action guides, including downloadable forms.
- Lexis Advance: Access federal and state statutes and cases, briefs, Shepard's, jury verdicts, practice guides, and treatises. Includes California Forms of Pleading and Practice, Points and Authorities, Legal Transaction Forms, Matthew Bender California Practice Guides, Moore's Federal Practice, Bender's Forms of Discovery, and more.
- LexisNexis Digital Library:
From the parking lot wi-fi, select guest access. You do not need a login if you are accessing the Digital Library through the parking lot wi-fi. Lexis eBook titles include: The California Forms of Pleading and Practice, California Points and Authorities, and California Legal Forms: Transaction Guide. Access California Matthew Bender Practice Guides that cover a variety
of topics such as: Civil Procedure, Family Law, Landlord/Tenant, Wills and Trusts, and more.
If you would like to checkout ebooks at home (one book at a time, for a one week checkout period), please email the circulation desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set you up with an account. A library card is not required to sign up for ebook access. If you do have a library card with us, you may already be in our system. Please try logging in with your email address before contacting the circulation desk.
- Westlaw: Access federal and state statutes and cases, briefs, KeyCite, practice guides, and treatises. Includes: Rutter guides, Witkin, Miller & Starr California Real Estate, McCarthy on Trademarks & Unfair Competition, California Expert Series, and more. Use Practical Law for attorney edited content that includes "practice notes, standard documents and clauses, checklists, toolkits, legal updates, state-specific guidance, and more." Click here for training videos and user guides.
- HeinOnline: HeinOnline has a substantial law journal library, as well U.S. treaties and more.
- EBSCO Legal Information Reference Center: Contains the fulltext of Nolo Press publications, written for the layperson. Includes downloadable forms. Also accessible from your home or office.