Parking Lot Access of Legal Databases During COVID-19 Closures.
Note: this page works best with Chrome.
Patrons may now access the library databases from their own laptops or mobile devices while parked in the library's patron parking lot. Please be sure you are parked in the Patron Parking Lot at the back of the library. Parking in the staff lot is prohibited, and we have also aimed the wi-fi booster to the back patron lot for the best signal reception. NOTE: Signal reception is strongest when parked in the center of the patron lot, facing the library building.
Connect to the Law Library's Wi-Fi: SCCLL-Parking Lot (there is no password)
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer technical support for patron devices. You must be in the parking lot and connected to the library's wi-fi for the links below to work. If you've been using a VPN, please be sure it is turned off.
- CEB OnLaw: The fulltext of CEB practice and action guides, including downloadable forms.
- Lexis Advance: Due to limited seating, this database is now only available only on library computer terminals. For information on reopening hours and policies, go to: http://sccll.org/reopeningpolicies.html.
- LexisNexis Digital Library:
From the parking lot wi-fi, select guest access. You do not need a login if you are accessing the Digital Library through the parking lot wi-fi. Lexis eBook titles include: The California Forms of Pleading and Practice, California Points and Authorities, and California Legal Forms: Transaction Guide. Access California Matthew Bender Practice Guides that cover a variety
of topics such as: Civil Procedure, Family Law, Landlord/Tenant, Wills and Trusts, and more.
If you would like to checkout ebooks at home (one book at a time, for a one week checkout period), please email the circulation desk at email@example.com and we can set you up with an account. A library card is not required to sign up for ebook access. If you do have a library card with us, you may already be in our system. Please try logging in with your email address before contacting the circulation desk.
- Westlaw: Due to limited seating, this database is now only available only on library computer terminals. For information on reopening hours and policies, go to: http://sccll.org/reopeningpolicies.html
- HeinOnline: HeinOnline has a substantial law journal library, as well U.S. treaties and more.
- EBSCO Legal Information Reference Center: Contains the fulltext of Nolo Press publications, written for the layperson. Includes downloadable forms. Also accessible from your home or office.