Santa Clara County Law Library Legal Research Links
Santa Clara County Expungement Guide (880KB, PDF file format)
Remote access from outside the library
Nolo Press Publications/EBSCO Legal Information Resource Center: Contains fulltext of Nolo Press publications, including downloadable forms. Select the EBSCO Legal Information Resource Center icon after you login with the username and password.
Legal Source: Contains fulltext of legal journals, magazines, and law reviews, as well as some books. Select the EBSCO Host icon after you login with the username and password.
For both databases, use:
Datbases Available Inside the Library
The links below will ONLY work if connected to the Law Library Wi-Fi network while in the library.
- WestlawNext: Access federal and state statutes and cases, KeyCite, jury verdicts, practice guides, and treatises.
- Click here for training videos and user guides.
- Downloading/E-mailing from WestLawNext is subject to limitations
- Reminder: WestlawNext may return results from databases that are not included in our contract. In those cases, the full contents are not accessibile to our users. Patrons can search our catalog to check if the law library has the content in print format.
- The Law Library has a limited number of "concurrent seats" for WestLaw. The Wi-Fi connection will automaticaly time-out every two hours to allow all library users a chance to log-in.
- Westlaw Classic -- WARNING. Thomson West will soon be discontinuing Westlaw Classic. This product will no longer be available by the end of 2014. Please start to familiarize yourself with WestlawNext if you aren't already.
- CEB OnLaw: The fulltext of CEB practice and action guides, including downloadable forms.
- Hein Online: HeinOnline has a substantial law journal library, as well as the Restatements, U.S. treaties, and more.
- Nolo Press Self-help titles: Contains the fulltext of Nolo Press publications. Includes downloadable forms. Also accessible from your home or office.
- Legal Source EBSCOHost: Contains fulltext of legal journals and magazines, as well as some books. Also accessible from your home or office.
The Law Library does not have staffing to provide one-on-one training. For WestlawNext, we encourage users to reference the user guides above.
The law library does not guarantee the uptime/availability of 3rd party resources. Please see vendor websites for hardware/software requirements. The law library is uanble to provide technical support of legal databases and equipment not owned by the library.
Tuesday, August 19, 2014